Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Woods





 

Today the sun came out, finally, and dried up all the gallons of rain we have had lately so I went for a nature walk in the woods where we live.  Everything was so green and lush and there were buttercups, daisies, raspberries and wild roses everywhere. The baby fern shoots were uncurling and the birds were serenading me as I strolled along.  As I was enjoying the view my eye caught something unusual on a tree in the distance, so I climbed through the weeds and brush to get a closer look and a better view. It was a huge mushroom-like growth on the trunk of a tree, in fact there were two of them. I was very curious about it so I picked up a stick to touch it and see if it was soft or hard. It looked soft but I was surprised to feel that it was as hard as a rock. A very interesting find. Walking in the woods brings joy into my life and makes me feel alive! God's creation is amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment