Sunday, December 18, 2011

Homemade Almond Milk

I made almond milk!!! I am amazed at how good it taste!!! I don't know why I am so surprised why wouldn't it? Organic raw almonds mixed with purified water with a date and a tiny bit of organic vanilla. That is it! No additives, preservatives or gluten! Fresh, fresh, fresh!!!! Can you tell I am excited about this?????? All you do is put one cup of organic raw almonds in a blender, add 3 1/2 cups pure water, one raw pitted date and a tiny bit of vanilla...or a little more...you decide. Put the lid on and let it sit about 6-8 hours. After the almonds are finished soaking turn the blender on and run until all is chopped good. You can now strain with a fine mesh strainer or put the mixture in a cheesecloth sack and let it drip through. Store in an airtight glass jar. I have several old mason jars that I use in my pantry to keep my dry goods dry and fresh and I have a couple I use for salad dressings and now almond milk!!! You will never buy almond milk again when you taste the difference. I got the idea from a lady named Mimi Kirk. She is a raw vegan vegetarian who is 73, looks 50 and acts 20. Here is her link if you want to check her out.
 www.youngonrawfood.com


I bought her book also....haven't received it yet....maybe it will come tomorrow!!! Anxious to try some of her recipes. As I try them I will share. Got to go have a glass of almond milk...icy cold. Yum.


One more thing, save the pulp from the almonds. You can make raw cookies or crackers with it. You could also use it in another recipe....just don't throw it away!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment