Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Comfort of Flowers

I love shopping at Trader Joe's Market. I mean LOVE. It is my time. I love the people who work there and I love the products that are sold there. I love getting my little cup of coffee and sipping it as I browse through the store. I don't want to forget my favorites nor the things I really need so I carry my list. Of course my cart always has way more than what is listed! It was crowded today as usual, because of Christmas coming up so quickly I had to maneuver through the isles with patience as people scurried about throwing their favorites into their carts. I was so engulfed with looking at all the specialty items that I actually walked off with another ladies cart. Although, I didn't get that far with her collection of goodies as she yelled at me, "That's my cart".  I giggled and honestly I don't think she saw the humor in it! When I was checking out my checker was a little snippy from the get go. I just smiled at her even when she accused me of doing the debit machine wrong when it would not work for me twice. I was determined to be positive and have an enjoyable time at my favorite market right to the end. As I walked towards the door I was uneasy and I thought about telling the manager how I was treated but decided to just take a deep breath, say a little prayer and go on. I took my groceries to my car.  I took in a deep breath of fresh air and tried to just let it go.  My mind raced with uneasiness and by the time I returned with my empty cart I had decided to tell someone. When an employee walked up to me to take my cart she gave me a big smile as she took it from me.  She could tell something was bothering me and asked if I was okay. I told her what had happened without mentioning which checker it was, and that my experience was not a great one today. She apologized and said maybe the checker was just having a bad day. I told her how I love to come to Trader Joe's and it has always been a pleasant experience for me. She again apologized and said to me, "Would you like some flowers?" I told her that the only reason I shared this was to just get it off my chest and she responded that she was glad I did. She insisted on me not leaving until she made sure I ended my shopping trip on a happy note. She handed me a big bouquet of flowers and patted me on the back and said, I hope this makes you feel better." A few tears ran down my cheek as I walked away blessed and comforted hugging my flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment