Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Day




We woke up to a crisp Fall morning. The forecast predicted rain for the day which made the clouds a perfect setting for the sunrise. When my husband opened the blinds he shouted out my name to come see the sky! I ran to the window and then ran for my camera! What an awesome way to start my Thanksgiving Day!!




My table. The white china was painted with gold 
and then fired in a kiln by my husband's
mom when she was in College back
in the 1930's. I don't have a complete set, but it
was still nice to use what I had. 


The food was good but the company was GREAT! My three granddaughters had lots of fun! They enjoyed the appetizer buffet table and hours of fun playing together. My oldest daughter was enjoying her Thanksgiving Day with her husband's family in the Southwest so we got on the computer and did a video chat with them. A shout out of "THANKS" to the inventor of this feature!!!  Then the whole family joined together and  played a game called Apples to Apples.  We had a blast! My daughter made her amazing pumpkin pie. Actually, it is the crust that is so amazing. I could not partake because of my gluten allergy but when I was cutting into it I could almost taste it. I did make myself a gluten-free pumpkin dessert with a crisp-like topping that did satisfy my need for pumpkin pie and was also mouth-watering! I enjoyed making memories with my family today.

My three granddaughters.

I have so much to be thankful for. My family is number one on my list. God has blessed me abundantly and my heart is very THANKFUL to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment