Monday, November 14, 2011

My Bounty

Bruschetta










I had a garden plot this year!  It was 20' x 5'  I enjoyed it tremendously. I love the outdoors. I love gardening. My garden was full of tomatoes, cucumbers, chives, herbs, zucchini, radishes, orange, yellow and purple carrots, jalapeno peppers, sweet peas, lettuce and flowers for my granddaughter's. In fact, on Easter Sunday my granddaughter's helped plant the carrot seeds and their very own flowers. I made dill pickles from my cucumbers and bruschetta and salsa from my tomato plants. I shared the carrots and other veggies with my neighbors and my family. Stir-fry was a weekly dish for me!!  My friend from Oregon was visiting, so we enjoyed a big wok of veggies together. There is nothing more satisfying than growing your own veggies and cooking dinner with them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment